۰       ۰ ã⿡ 

|  |  | ϱ |  | ǥ | Ȱ |  | 2015 | 14(B) | 14(A) | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | ǿ | new |  | Q&A |  |

:     043

ۼ : 13/12/10
2014 ܱ (B) 42-45 ؼ(1)
 ۾ : songgok
ȸ : 3,447  
   2014(B)-(43~45).hwp (59.0K)

2014 ܱ (B) 43-45 ؼ - չ

[4345] а Ͻÿ
(A)
How much space do you need to be happy? Part of the American story is that bigger is better, and with cheap credit and tax breaks for home buyers, its tempting to stretch ones finances to build or buy a larger house. My grandpa Otto chose a different path. (a)He didnt want to find himself working longer and longer hours just to pay for more space and the stuff to fill it. He grew up in a farming community and within a very large family, so living simply was integral to his life philosophy.
(B)
Yet my grandpa loved his little home and was content with what he had. Even though the house was small, it didnt feel cramped. As my dad said, everyone was happy and content. The size of the house didnt matter. My grandpa taught me that living a simple life isnt about self-deprivation. Instead, its about giving yourself the time, freedom, and money to pursue your dreams. In many ways, Ive modeled my life after that of my grandpa. I learned from (b)him that simplicity isnt about austerity. It a revolution in personal growth.
(C)
In the 1950s, when my dad was a little boy, my grandpa built a 600-square-foot cottage. (c)He put the twenty-by-thirty-foot structure on a small plot of land in Pleasant Hill. Dad remarked, Reusing and recycling was a necessity. In essence, (d)he was recycling before it became cool.''' Grandpa got most of the materials for his little house from the Oakland docks, where he was working. It took four years to build the small cottage, and when they moved in, the roof wasnt even on!
(D)
My dad recalled looking up at the stars in the roofless house as a twelve-year-old kid before falling asleep. Dad didnt mind living in an unfinished house. (e)He described Pleasant Hill as open and private. It felt like all the homes were on ten acres. Over the years, my dad and grandpa noticed dramatic changes in their community. Each year more farmland was devoured to build strip malls and neighborhoods with larger homes. As real estate prices rose, many of their neighbors sold their homes and lots. Soon my grandpa had the only small house on the block, surrounded by a sea of homes four times the size of his dwelling.

43. ־ (A) ̾ ° 迭 ?
(B)(D)(C) (C)(B)(D) (C)(D)(B) (D)(B)(C) (D)(C)(B)

44. ģ(a)(e) ߿ Ű ݰ ٸ ?
(a) (b) (c) (d) (e)

45. grandpa ġ ʴ ?
̻ȸ 밡 ӿ ߴ.
鿡 Ǿ .
1950뿡 600 Ʈ .
µ ʿ κ 縦 εο ߴ .
ȸ ް ȭ ˾ ߴ .

1. Ǯ
43. (A) Ҿƹ Ȱ ö ϿǷ, 1950 Ž ö󰡼 Ҿƹ 4⿡ 600 Ʈ ̻ ϼ ʾҾٴ (C) , ƹ ڸ ߴٴ ϴ (D) , δ 鼭 ȸ ȭ ü (B) ̾ ڿ. (C)-(D)- (B)̴.
44. , , , Ҿƹ Otto Ű, ƹ(dad) Ų.
45. (D) ƹ Ҿƹ ڽŵ ִ ȸ ް ȭ ˾ȴٰ Ƿ, ġ ʴ ̴.

2. ؼ
[How much space do you need to be happy? Part of the American story is that bigger is better, and with cheap credit and tax breaks for home buyers, its tempting to stretch ones finances to build or buy a larger house.]    to be happy:ູ Ͽ  Part of the American story:Ϻ ̱ε (̾߱)  with cheap credit and tax breaks for home buyers: ڸ ſ ġ(credit:ſ, tax break: ġ)  its tempting to stretch ones finances:()ø .(it/־, to~/־)tempting:Ȥϴ, ߱, ֱѡto build or buy a larger house: ū ų Ͽ      ູ ؼ 󸶸ŭ ʿѰ? Ϻ ̱ε () , ڿ ſ ġ ִٸ ū ų Ϸ ڱ ø ̶ ̾߱Ѵ.

[My grandpa Otto chose a different path. (a)He didnt want to find himself working longer and longer hours just to pay for more space and the stuff to fill it. He grew up in a farming community and within a very large family, so living simply was integral to his life philosophy.]    find + +:~ ~ϴ ˴(߰ϴ) to pay for more space and the stuff to fill it: װ ä ǵ ϱ Ͽ(it=space) stuff:   in a farming community and within a very large family: 밡 ӿ(a farming community:ü;) integral: ʿ, living simply:ܼϰ (־ ܼ(was)    Ҿƹ Otto ٸ ߴ. ״ ä ǵ ϱ ؼ ڽ ð ϴ ; ʾҴ. ״ 밡 ӿ ؼ, ҹϰ öп ߿ߴ.

[In the 1950s, when my dad was a little boy, my grandpa built a 600-square-foot cottage. (c)He put the twenty-by-thirty-foot structure on a small plot of land in Pleasant Hill. Dad remarked, Reusing and recycling was a necessity. In essence, (d)he was recycling before it became cool.]  a 600-square-foot cottage:600 Ʈ (square-foot;Ʈ, Ʈ) the twenty-by-thirty-foot structure:20: 20Ʈ 30Ʈ ๰ on a small plot of land: ȹ (plot: Թ, ٰŸ, Reusing and recycling was a necessity: Ȱ ʼ ̾.(־ ܼ)  In essence:,      ƹ 1950뿡, Ҿƹ 600 Ʈ . ״ Pleasant Hill ִ ȹ 20Ʈ 30Ʈ ๰ . ƹ Ȱ ʼܴ. ״ ٻ⡯ Ȱ ϰ ־ܴ. ϼ̴

[Grandpa got most of the materials for his little house from the Oakland docks, where he was working. It took four years to build the small cottage, and when they moved in, the roof wasnt even on!]   most of the materialsfrom the Oakland docks:Oakland εο(dock:ε, )  ,where = and there:λ   It takes ð to~:~ϴµ ~ð ɸ. the roof wasnt even on: .    Ҿƹ ڽ ϰ ־ Oakland εο ڱ׸ κ 縦 ߴ. ڱ׸ µ 4 ɷ, ׵ ( ) ̻ !

[My dad recalled looking up at the stars in the roofless house as twelve-year-old kid before falling asleep. Dad didnt mind living in an unfinished house. (e)He described Pleasant Hill as open and private. It felt like (that) all the homes were on ten acres.]    recall ~ing:~ ȸϴ. ϴ. in the roofless house:    as (he was) a twelve-year-old kid:12 ̿ before falling asleep: (fall asleep:) mind ~ing: ~ . Ⱦϴ. describe as :͸ η ϴ(ϴ) open and private:̰ ( ) felt like (that) :~ó .     ƹ 12 ̿ ô ߴ. ƹ ϼ Ϳ Ű ʾҴ. ״ Pleasant Hill Ʈ () ʰ, 10Ŀ ִ ó ٰ ߴ.

[Over the years, my dad and grandpa noticed dramatic changes in their community. Each year more farmland was devoured to build strip malls and neighborhoods with larger homes.]  devour:۾, , ԰ɽ Դ. more farmland was devoured: ҽǵǾ. to build strip malls and neighborhoods with larger homes: μͿ ū ִ Ǽϱ Ͽ strip malls:μ, Ʈ neighborhoods:, ̿      , ƹ Ҿƹ ڽŵ ִ ȸ ް ȭ ˾ȴ. ų μͿ Ŀ  Ǹϴ ҽǵƴ.

[As real estate prices rose, many of their neighbors sold their homes and lots. Soon my grandpa had the only small house on the block, surrounded by a sea of homes four times the size of his dwelling.]    As real estate prices rose:ε 鼭(real estate:ε, as: ~Կ lot: ȹ , ; ,    (being)surrounded by a sea of homes four times the size of his dwelling:ڽ ũ ũ 鿡 ѷ̴   be surrounded by: ~ ѷ̴. a sea of homes: cf)a seas of people:λ dwelling:, ְ, ּ dwell:, ϴ;inhabit)     ε 鼭, ̿ ڽŵ Ⱦƹȴ. Ҿƹ ȹ ϰ Ǿ, ڽ ũ 鿡 ѷ̰ Ǿ.

۰(songgok.com) - չ

Copyright 1998, songgok.com by Bum-Sik Son. update 2011, All rights reserved.