송곡닷컴을 시작페이지로      송곡닷컴을 즐겨찾기에 

| 프로필 | 번역 | 일기 | 편지 | 표현 | 활용 | 기출지 | 2015 | 14(B) | 14(A) | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 실용 | new | 성문 | Q&A | 사진 |

동시접속자:     050

작성일 : 11/12/14
2012학년도 수능 외국어 영역 46-48번 해설
 글쓴이 : songgok
조회 : 5,559  
   2012-(46-48).hwp (74.0K)

2012년 수능 외국어 영역 46-48번 정답 및 해설 첨부파일참조

[46~48] 다음 글을 읽고 물음에 답하시오
  (A)
When I was a freshman in high school, I won second prize in our local newspaper’s essay contest on the theme of ‘future career.’ I wrote about wanting to become a journalist. We had to collect our prizes at the local variety store and, while waiting in line, a little notebook in the stationery department caught my eye. (a)It was a black and red hardcover book with the word ‘Record’ neatly engraved in gold on the cover. I reasoned that since I was going to be a journalist, I’ll need a very special notebook in which to write. So I bought (b)it.  
(B)
Then during a serious illness when I was thirty-five, I found the little notebook I had purchased twenty years earlier. From my sick bed I noticed (c)it on a nearby shelf. It was still blank but something told me to write my deepest feelings and thoughts, my pain and fear, my wishes and dreams, the words of my inner world. This was my first ‘official’ journal. And the process of journal-keeping through writing and drawing helped heal me from a mysterious illness which had defied the doctors and their medicines.
(C)
My life changed so much after that. I began listening to my own feelings and inner wisdom. The insights I gained through journal-keeping led me into a new career as an art therapist and teacher of diary writing and drawing. More importantly, I learned to play and enjoy life again. For instance, several years after recovering from my illness, I started skateboarding for the first time in my life and loved (d)it. I’m grateful to that high school girl that I was for having the sense to buy a little blank book. I used it to save my life and to help others. 
(D)
But I put the notebook away and promptly forgot about (e)it and about becoming a journalist. Painting became my great love. Upon graduating from high school, I went to college as a fine art major and English minor. After becoming a professional artist, marriage followed, then the birth of two daughters. A career change came next which led to teaching underprivileged young children in Los Angeles. The years passed.

46. 위글(A)에 이어질 내용을 순서에 맞게 배열한 것으로 가장 적절한 것은
① (B) - (D) - (C) ② (C) - (B) - (D) ③ (C) - (D) - (B) ④ (D) - (B) - (C) ⑤ (D) - (C) - (B)

47. 밑줄 친(a)~(e) 중에서 가리키는 대상이 나머지 넷과 다른 것은?
① (a)    ② (b)    ③ (c)    ④ (d)    ⑤ (e)

48. 위 글의 ‘I’에 관한 내용과 일치하지 않는 것은?
① 지역 신문사의 에세이 대회에서 2등상을 탔다.
② 심한 병을 앓고 있었을 때 20년 전에 산 공책을 발견 했다.
③ 병이 나은지 몇 년 후에 스케이트 보딩을 처음으로 시작했다.
④ 대학에서 미술을 전공 하지는 않았다.
⑤ 전문 화가가 된 후, 결혼을 했고 두 딸을 두었다.

1. 내용풀이
46. 필자가 고등학교 때 공책을 구입하게 된 계기에 대한 내용이 (A)이며, (D)에서는 한동안 그 공책을 잊은 채 살아가는 필자의 삶이 묘사되고 있다. 필자가 심한병에 걸려 그 공책을 다시 발견하게 되는 내용이 (B)이며, 어렸을 때 구입했던 그 공책으로 인해 필자의 삶이 변화되었음을 설명하고 있는 (C)가 마지막에 오는 것이 가장 적절함. 47. (a), (b), (c), (e)는 필자가 구입했던 공책, (d)는 스케이트보딩. 48.선택지 ④는 (D)의 ‘I went to college as a fine art major’와 일치하지 않음. 

2. 구문해설
① [When I was a freshman in high school, I won second prize in our local newspaper’s essay contest on the theme of ‘future career.’I wrote about wanting to become a journalist.]  win second prize:2등상을 타다  ※local newspaper’s essay contest:지역신문(주제의) 수필 경연대회  내가 고등학교 1학년이었을 때, 지역 신문사가 주최한 ‘장래 직업’이라는 주제의 에세이 대회에서 2등 상을 탔다. 나는 언론인이 되고 싶다는 글을 썼다.

② [We had to collect our prizes at the local variety store and, while (we were) waiting in line, a little notebook in the stationery department caught my eye. (a)It was a black and red hardcover book with the word ‘Record’ (which was) neatly engraved in gold on the cover.]    collect one's prizes:상금(상품)을 타다. ※local variety store:지역 잡화점wait in line:줄지어 기다리다. ※stationery department:문방구 코너 cf) stationary:움직이지 않은, 정지된  ⇛문맥상 stationery인지 stationary 인지 선택하라는 문제는 모의고사 단골로 나오고 있습니다. 꼭 두단어를 구별하고 있어야 합니다.  ※(which was) neatly engraved in gold on the cover:금색으로 깔끔하게 새겨진     ☞수상자들은 지역 잡화점에서 상을 받아가야 했고, 줄을 서서 기다리면서, 문방구 코너의 작은 공책이 내 시선을 사로잡았다.

③ [I reasoned that since I was going to be a journalist, I’ need a very special notebook in which to write. So I bought (b)it.] ※reason 생각하다, 추론하다, 판단을 내리다. ※a very special notebook in which to write:글을 쓸 특별한 공책(= a very special notebook to write in) ⇛보통 격식적인 영어에서 (명사 + 전치사 + which(whom) + to부정사)형태로 사용하기도 합니다. 혹시 [전치사+which(whom)+to]가 나오면 복잡하게 생각하지 말고 그냥 수식해 버리면 해석이 쉬어 집니다.   나는 언론인이 될 것이기 때문에, 글을 쓸 아주 특별한 공책이 필요할 것이라고 생각했다. 그래서 나는 그것을 구입했다.

④ [But I put the notebook away and promptly forgot about (e)it and about becoming a journalist. Painting became my great love. Upon graduating from high school, I went to college as a fine art major and English minor.]put ~ away: ~을 치우다. ※on(upon)~ing = as soon as = the instant(moment)+S+V = S+had+(no scarcely, hardly, seldom)+p.p, S+(when, than, before)+V(과거형) = (No scarcely, Hardly, Seldom)+had+S+p.p, S+(when, than, before)+V(과거형) :~하자마자 ←중요 정리 하세요 ※fine art major:순수미술 전공 ※English minor:영어 부전공   하지만 나는 그 공책을 치워 두었고, 그것과 언론인이 되겠다는 것에 대해 곧 잊게 되었다. 그림 그리기가 내가 아주 좋아하는 일이 되었다. 고등학교를 졸업하고, 나는 대학에 가서 미술을 전공하고 영어를 부전공했다.

[After becoming a professional artist, marriage followed, then the birth of two daughters. A career change came next which led to teaching underprivileged young children in Los Angeles. The years passed.]   ※lead to + 명사/동명사: ~으로 이어지다. ~의 원인이 되다. ※underprivileged:혜택을 받지 못하는, 비특권층의, ※(주의)관계대명사 which의 선행사는 a career change입니다.    전문 화가가 된 후에, 뒤이어 결혼을 했고, 두 딸이 태어났다. 그 다음에는, Los Angeles에서 소외계층 아이들을 가르치게 되는 직업상의 변화가 있었다. 수년이 흘렀다.

⑥ [Then during a serious illness when I was thirty-five, I found the little notebook (which) I had purchased twenty years earlier. From my sick bed I noticed (c) it on a nearby shelf.]   had purchased:과거완료형에 유의   그러고 나서 내가 35살 때 심한 병을 앓고 있었을 때, 20년 전에 구입했던 작은 공책을 발견했다. 내 병상에서 가까운 선반에 놓여 있는 그것을 발견했다.

⑦ [It was still blank but something told me to write my deepest feelings and thoughts, my pain and fear, my wishes and dreams, the words of my inner world. This was my first ‘official’ journal.]    그것은 아직도 백지상태였지만, 나의 가장 깊은 곳에 있는 감정과 생각, 나의 고통과 두려움, 나의 희망과 꿈, 나의 내면 세상의 단어들을 써보라고 무언가가 내게 말해 주었다. 이것이 나의 첫 ‘공식적인’ 일기였다.

⑧ [And the process of journal-keeping through writing and drawing helped heal me from a mysterious illness which had defied the doctors and their medicines.]    the process of journal-keeping:일기를 쓰는 과정 ※through writing and drawing:글쓰기와 그리기를 통하여  ※had defied the doctors and their medicines:의사와 약을 허용하지 않았던(불치병인) ※defy:허용하지 않다.   그리고 쓰기와 그리기를 통해서 일기를 적는 과정은 의사와 약을 허용하지 않았던 불가사의한 병으로부터 나를 치료하는 것을 도왔다.

⑨ [My life changed so much after that. I began listening to my own feelings and inner wisdom. The insights (which) I gained through journal-keeping led me into a new career as an art therapist and teacher of diary writing and drawing.]   ※inner wisdom:내면의 지혜 ※an art therapist:예술 치료사  ※teacher of diary writing and drawing:일기쓰기와 그리기 선생님    그 후로 내 인생은 아주 많이 바뀌었다. 나는 내 자신의 감정과 내면의 지혜에 귀를 기울이기 시작했다. 일기를 쓰면서 내가 얻었던 통찰력은 나를 예술 치료가 이자 일기 쓰기와 그리기 선생님이라는 새로운 직업으로 이끌었다.

⑩ [More importantly, I learned to play and enjoy life again. For instance, several years after recovering from my illness, I started skateboarding for the first time in my life and loved (d)it.]      ☞더욱 중요한 것은 내가 다시 인생을 향유하고 즐기는 법을 배웠다는 것이다. 예를 들어, 나는 병에서 회복한지 수년 후에, 난생 처음으로 스케이트 보딩을 시작했고, 그것을 좋아했다.

⑪ [I’m grateful to that high school girl that I was for having the sense to buy a little blank book. I used it to save my life and to help others.]have a sense to: ~할 감각이 있다. ※that high school girl that I was:주격보어를 선행사로 받는 주격관계대명사 that.(앞의 that은 지시형용사, 뒤의 that은 관계대명사)   ☞나는 작은 백지상태의 책을 구입할 정도로 똑똑했던, 과거의 나 자신인 그 고등학교 소녀에게 감사한다. 나는 내 목숨을 구하고 다른 사람들을 돕는 데 그것을 사용했다.

3. 단어정리
* local 지방의, 지역의 *theme 주제 *journalist 언론인 * variety store 잡화점  * stationery 문방구(*stationary:움직이지 않은, 정지된←중요함) *hardcover 두꺼운 표지의 *engrave 새기다 *reason 생각하다, 추론하다 *defy 허용하지 않다, 도전하다 *have the sense to ~할 만큼 지각이 있다, ~할 만큼 똑똑하다 * insight 통찰력 *promptly 곧 *put ~ away 치우다 *underprivileged 소외계층의

4. 전문해석 
(A) 내가 고등학교 1학년이었을 때, 지역 신문사가 주최한 ‘장래 직업’이라는 주제의 에세이 대회에서 2등 상을 탔다. 나는 언론인이 되고 싶다는 글을 썼다. 수상자들은 지역 잡화점에서 상을 받아가야 했고, 줄을 서서 기다리면서, 문방구 코너의 작은 공책이 내 시선을 사로잡았다. 그것은 검고 붉은 딱딱한 표지로 된 책이었는데, 그 표지에는 ‘Record’라는 단어가 금빛으로 멋있게 새겨져 있었다. 나는 언론인이 될 것이기 때문에, 글을 쓸 아주 특별한 공책이 필요할 것이라고 생각했다. 그래서 나는 그것을 구입했다.

(D) 하지만 나는 그 공책을 치워 두었고, 그것과 언론인이 되겠다는 것에 대해 곧 잊게 되었다. 그림 그리기가 내가 아주 좋아하는 일이 되었다. 고등학교를 졸업하고, 나는 대학에 가서 미술을 전공하고 영어를 부전공했다. 전문 화가가 된 후에, 뒤이어 결혼을 했고, 두 딸이 태어났다. 그 다음에는, Los Angeles에서 소외계층 아이들을 가르치게 되는 직업상의 변화가 있었다. 수년이 흘렀다.

(B) 그러고 나서 내가 35살 때 심한 병을 앓고 있었을 때, 20년 전에 구입했던 작은 공책을 발견했다. 내 병상에서 가까운 선반에 놓여 있는 그것을 발견했다. 그것은 아직도 백지상태였지만, 나의 가장 깊은 곳에 있는 감정과 생각, 나의 고통과 두려움, 나의 희망과 꿈, 나의 내면 세상의 단어들을 써보라고 무언가가 내게 말해 주었다. 이것이 나의 첫 ‘공식적인’ 일기였다. 그리고 쓰기와 그리기를 통해서 일기를 적는 과정은 의사와 약을 허용하지 않았던 불가사의한 병으로부터 나를 치료하는 것을 도왔다.

(C) 그 후로 내 인생은 아주 많이 바뀌었다. 나는 내 자신의 감정과 내면의 지혜에 귀를 기울이기 시작했다. 일기를 쓰면서 내가 얻었던 통찰력은 나를 예술 치료가 이자 일기 쓰기와 그리기 선생님이라는 새로운 직업으로 이끌었다. 더욱 중요한 것은 내가 다시 인생을 향유하고 즐기는 법을 배웠다는 것이다. 예를 들어, 나는 병에서 회복한지 수년 후에, 난생 처음으로 스케이트 보딩을 시작했고, 그것을 좋아했다. 나는 작은 백지상태의 책을 구입할 정도로 똑똑했던, 과거의 나 자신인 그 고등학교 소녀에게 감사한다. 나는 내 목숨을 구하고 다른 사람들을 돕는 데 그것을 사용했다.

송곡닷컴(songgok.com) - 손범식

Copyright ⓒ 1998, songgok.com by Bum-Sik Son. update 2011, All rights reserved.